Friday, February 5, 2010

Whole Wheat French Bread Recipe

I decided that I wanted to tweak my French Bread recipe a little more and try and make it healthier, so I experimented and I think I came up with the winning recipe!

You can do this French bread in a mixer or a food processor with a dough hook (I kneaded mine for about 7-8 minutes and it turned out perfectly).  I also used 1 teaspoon of salt rather than the 1-1/2 that it called for in my original French bread recipe (I also cut that back to 1 teaspoon and found it rose better as well).

Instead of rolling out the dough as well, I just shaped this loaf and it worked beautifully.  Misting it with water rather than brushing on also helps it to keep its shape.

I'm going to experiment with other flours as well such as semolina or oat and see if I can perfect yet another loaf but this bread, whether it flattens out as a sort of ciabatta, or stays up nice and firm for a French loaf is delicious no matter how you slice it so to speak!  It makes fantastic toast!

Wheat French Bread Recipe on Hubpages
French-Bread-Made-Easy on Hubpages

No comments:

Post a Comment