Friday, February 5, 2010

Cabbage Rolls Made Easy - Sinfully Quick and Easy

One night when I was really pressed for time and needed to use up 2 ingredients - a head of cabbage and a 1 pound package of extra-lean ground beef - I was saved by my 30+ year old Betty Crocker International Cookbook.  Lo and behold, there was a recipe for a cabbage and beef loaf - I was very skeptical on reading it because it just didn't sound like it would be that good.

Wow - was I ever wrong!  It was so easy to prepare - you could even shred the cabbage or chop it with a food processor rather than shredding by hand - but even with that part of the recipe, I had this thing thrown together in minutes and in the oven! 

The flavors were fantastic.  I actually could not believe that the recipe turned out so well and happened to think it would probably go well with some mashed red potatoes in their skins so had thrown that on as well.  I got fantastic raving reviews on my 'cabbage roll' dinner and it truly was a sinfully easy feat to accomplish.  I almost - ALMOST - felt guilty accepting the kudos!  If you want to go the traditional route, see my original and traditional cabbage roll recipe on hubpages.com as well (although this one has the variation of a white sauce which is fantastic - and also the traditional sauce for those sticklers).

Don't forget - cabbage is very, very good for you - and cabbage rolls no matter how you make them are a great way to get your cabbage!

Cabbage-Rolls-The-Easy-Way on Hubpages

No comments:

Post a Comment