Thursday, March 11, 2010

Low-Fat Versus Low-Carb Diets - Which Is Better

I have to say I believe in a low-fat diet over a low-carb diet.  I know there is a lot of talk out there about how low-fat diets do nothing to aid in weight loss - but I disagree.  I think a low-fat diet combined with calorie counting (which is essential to ANY diet) is a great way to lose weight and then to maintain weight.  I also believe that the lower fat is an excellent bonus for people over 25-30 years old - and would significantly reduce many health problems and obesity in this country.

In a low-carb diet, you are forced to give up so many foods and just reintroducing them again usually spikes weight gain.  The other side effect of the low-carb diet is that when I tried this method of dieting, I did not feel good.  I felt off the entire time I was on it.  It did nothing to curb my appetite - in fact, it made it worse because I could not eat so many things!

In short, I vote for the low-fat diet over the low-carb diet - it just makes more sense on so many levels as I view the low-carb diet as a fad diet!

Benefits-Of-Low-Fat-Diets-Versus-Low-Carb-Diets

No comments:

Post a Comment